The Nationally Significant Federal Lands and Tribal Projects Program (NSFLTP) of The Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) (Pub. L. 114-94, section 1123), provides funding for the construction, reconstruction, and rehabilitation of nationally-significant projects within, adjacent to, or accessing Federal and tribal lands. This Program provides an opportunity to address significant challenges across the nation for transportation facilities that serve Federal and tribal lands.
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (Pub. L. 117-58, also known as the “Bipartisan Infrastructure Law” (BIL)) modified the NSFLTP Program in several ways, such as:
- Reducing minimum project sizes from $25 million to 12.5 million;
- Requiring exactly half of the funding go to projects on Tribal transportation facilities;
- Increasing the Federal share of projects on Tribal transportation facilities to 100 percent;
- Allowing Federal funds, including those made available under Titles 23 and 49 of the United States Code (U.S.C.), to serve as the non-Federal share of the project and
- Requiring the funding of at least one eligible project submitted by the National Park Service for a unit of the National Park System with 3,000,000 annual visitors or more.
Status of the call for projects
The call for FY 2022 applications is CLOSED. Watch this page for the next call for applications, expected in Summer 2023.
There are no scheduled webinars.